Friday, August 9, 2013

The problem Google Goggles is trying to solve


A lot of people I talk to in industry and articles talk about the problems with Google Googles and associated issues. Also, many mention why anyone would use it?

Well, it’s actually trying to solve a problem. When I was out yesterday walking the streets of Manhattan, I saw a lot of people head down looking at maps/head up looking to see where they’re going, rinse, repeat to get to their location.

So how can you view maps and see where you’re going at the same time? That’s the problem Goggles’ is trying to solve.

I don’t have an opinion until all the kinks and legalities are worked out, and I have had a chance to try it
– but at least Google’s trying to solve the problem of the kinked neck.

The other solution is to set up GPS voice navigation to an earbud, but my experience with voice navigation is it’s flaky, so there is an element of distrust in it, imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment